Communities around the world are organizing
to ensure their own food security.
Community projects from a permaculture perspective emphasize inclusivity and diversity, the fostering of interconnections, the valuing of local resources, and the creation of resilient systems. We support community initiatives and projects that create an abundance of yields such as: local food production, income generation and resource sharing, the sharing of knowledge and skills, the development of strong neighbourhoods and a strong sense of place, and the development of local leadership.
We are happy to support such community projects as:
- Community gardens and orchards
- School gardens and garden mentoring programs
- Community learning gardens
- Church community greening programs
- The creation of edible landscapes in public places
- The development of local permaculture networks
- Community foodshed mapping
- Small cooperative development
- Ecovillage visioning and design
- Local food system analysis and development
- Small urban farming enterprises